January 26, 2012

Frederick Ong wants gold at the Asian Games

Southeast Asian Games lone bowling gold medalist Frederick Ong of Team Prima Philippines is ready to face bigger challenges in years to come like competing for a world title or for the first ever Asian Games gold medal in 2014.

After his successful stint in the last SEA Games in Indonesia in 2011, Ong said he would train hard and stay inspired to reach his goal, which is to win gold medals for his country.

 “There’s no other way to do but to excel higher than the Southeast Asian level,” said Ong, who expressed his gratitude to Team Prima benefactor Alex Lim for supporting the bowlers throughout the years.

The Guangzhou Asian Games bronze medalist Ong had recorded a leading 1386 score to snare the gold in the men’s singles in Jakarta.

Some of the other members of the Philippine bowling team are men’s singles and team silver medalists Jeremy Posadas, Jong Enriquez and Carlo Mansilungan.

Source: Philstar

1 comment:

  1. My favorite sport is softball. I love to play softball
    in the summer.I play first base. Last year, I caught a
    ball and got someone out, casa98 we won the game. I am
    excited to start practicing playing this summer.I don’t
    like to play basketball. My teacher makes me play it
    in gym class. It is very hard.My favorite food is pizza.
    I like pepperoni pizza best. Pizza is different parents
    buy it from different places,but is always good.I would
    like to eat pizza at every meal. My dad says that I would
    get sick. Since he is a doctor.

    ReplyDelete