January 19, 2012

Triathlon Association of the Philippines gets ready for the 2014 Asian Games

Triathlon Association of the Philippines (TRAP) president Tom Carrasco announced yesterday that TRAP is adopting a new tack this year – “putting more investments on our youth.”

 “New talents are to be infused to the national pool, making nearly one half of the pool under 20 years old,” said Carrasco, who is also treasurer of the International Triathlon Union (ITU) and senior vice president of the Asian Triathlon Confederation.

To-date, at least six new recruits from Cagayan de Oro, General Santos City, Olongapo City and Nueva Ecija have been listed.

Vital components of the campaign include participation in the Asian Games in 2014 in South Korea, ITU events, and Asia Cup series.

Source: PhilStar

2 comments:

  1. Exciting to see Philippines up here in Incheon Asian games. Triathlon has a long way still to develop in Asia so should be exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite sport is softball. I love to play softball
    in the summer.I play first base. Last year, I caught a
    ball and got someone out, casa98 we won the game. I am
    excited to start practicing playing this summer.I don’t
    like to play basketball. My teacher makes me play it
    in gym class. It is very hard.My favorite food is pizza.
    I like pepperoni pizza best. Pizza is different parents
    buy it from different places,but is always good.I would
    like to eat pizza at every meal. My dad says that I would
    get sick. Since he is a doctor.

    ReplyDelete